Apply your New Found Guidelines
Consider these sentences:
- Snow White whose hair was raven black is the fairest in all the land.
- It up to you Jane to finish this work.
- Students who cheat only harm themselves.
- The average world temperature however has continued to rise significantly.
Suggested correct comma usage:
- Snow White, whose hair was raven black, is the fairest in all the land.
- It up to you, Jane, to finish this work.
- No commas necessary because the sentence’s meaning will change.
- The average world temperature, however, has continued to rise significantly.
Did you use the basket trick and lift the sections with commas out of the sentence?
I’m wondering if a different point of view might help this thorny comma issue?
Commas and essential elements next :).
You see the ShareThis button below? If you’ve found these posts helpful, please click the button to email a friend or share it where it might be most useful.