Apply Your New Found guidelines
Fun to remove commas instead of trying to remember to add them. Sometimes you think a comma is needed and in fact it is not. Just as comma splice and run-on errors happen because of a lack of understanding the coordinate comma, so unnecessary commas happen when used to section off essential elements.
- He is dreaming, that he can fly.
- The candidate who had the least money lost the election.
- They are wet, because they had been standing in the rain.
- Drivers, who do not wear seatbelts, should be fined.
Correct comma usage:
- He is dreaming that he can fly.
- No change is necessary.
- They are wet because they had been standing in the rain.Because” is a subordinate conjunction so no comma shows that the last part is necessary to explain the first part
- Drivers who do not wear seatbelts should be fined.
If your are still following the comma blogs, an easy comma rule coming up, I think ….
The next item is serial commas!
I sure would appreciate some feedback. Register and post a comment. Use the No Comment or comment word below on the right.