What must a good essay include time and time again?
- The broad strokes: the introduction, the body, the conclusion.
- Ever heard of the 5 paragraph essay? A good starting point: 1 + 3 + 1 paragraphs in the intro, body, and conclusion formula.
- While writing, paragraph unity, cohesion, and transitions important.
- If research is required, learn how to present other people’s ideas clearly to avoid plagiarism.
- Learning to format correctly comes with time and has 3 parts:
- You would need to master your school’s referencing system: APA or MLA or other.
- Schools all have style preferences over and above the referencing system. Get to know what your school requires.
- And then learn how to create formatting using MSWord’s own formatting techniques. Nothing worse than only ever using the Enter and Spacing keys.
- Last but not least, you need to proofread your work ensuring correct grammar usage, punctuation, spelling, mechanics.
Okay, so now you know what to do :).
If only that was enough. Probably a good idea to undertake the above journey with a personal tutor. At some point you will be able to set off on your own. That is the whole purpose of a tutor: to accompany you until you are ready for a solo journey.
You see the ShareThis button below? If you’ve found these posts helpful, please email a friend or share it where it might be most useful.