Okay, I’m going to tell you exactly how to write an essay.
- The starting point is being clear about the required writing pattern, e.g. narration essay, cause and effect essay, persuasion and argument essay, or something completely different like a resume, memo, or whatever.
- Next is the actual topic.
- The required pattern will determine the promised shape of your essay and where and how to include the ALL IMPORTANT thesis statement.
- The topic will keep you focused.
- Ideally you should start with an outline. A good outline is worth gold. It saves hours of work after the fact.
- If you are working with the same tutor, this could in fact become a 3-step process: outline/plan, HOC review, LOC review.
I cannot tell you the number of times I’ve written something to later wish I had taken the time to plan first. Saves hours of fixing and rewriting time after the fact.